LYRASIS supports enduring access to our shared academic, scientific and cultural heritage through leadership in open technologies, content services, digital solutions and collaboration with archives, libraries, museums and knowledge communities worldwide.
Building Connected Communities.
The strength of LYRASIS is built upon our members and our commitment to the valuable contributions of libraries, archives and museums.
Committed to solutions that are practical and affordable;
Experts in digital content and collections management services;
Advocates for the communities we serve,
Dedicated to the delivery of excellent service; and
An ethical and trusted partner engaged in transparent business practices.
1. Partner with libraries, archives and museums to create, access, manage and share content to meet their community needs.
Objective 1.A: Provide expertise and digital leadership for members.
- Lead initiatives that advance knowledge and action on topics of emerging importance.
- Collaborate with community and member experts to develop and share creative and innovative solutions and best practices.
- Connect library, archives and museum communities to enhance digital content and to enable access in accord with industry standards.
Objective 1.B: Offer innovative technology to advance libraries, archives and museums.
- Deliver open source software solutions as cost-efficient technology for hosting, management and support of content.
- Enhance operations through technologies, tools, resources and training that foster digital content creation, access and management.
- Enable members' contribution of content to national digital platforms.
Objective 1.C: Build collaborative opportunities for libraries, archives and museums.
- Update members about the evolving landscape of digital content.
- Facilitate the creation of member communities to share experiences and expertise.
- Ensure the development of a community of digital leaders.
- Expand and sustain innovative relationships with professional associations, organizations, consortia and open source communities.
2. Expand the availability, acquisition and accessibility of content and technologies, while controlling costs and minimizing barriers.
Objective 2.A: Deliver digitization services for an ever-expanding variety of materials, including print, photographic, audiovisual and other formats.
Objective 2.B: Enable libraries, archives and museums to maximize the value of and access to information from a wide variety of sources.