LYRASIS is proud to announce the Catalyst Fund - a $100,000 award program to fund new ideas and projects by LYRASIS members. The Catalyst Fund is a new membership benefit and will be administered by the LYRASIS Leaders Circle. It was designed as a direct result of member requests for expertise, collaboration and perspective, and all projects resulting from the Catalyst Fund will be shared at next year's Member Summit.
This year, we are excited to announce our winners – with awards totaling $135,000. $100,000 of Catalyst Fund awards and an additional $35,000 CEO's choice. Congratulations to all the winners.
- Columbia University - "Feasibility Study for a Copyright Education Center" - $30,000
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) - "Advancing 3D Digitization and Metadata Conventions" - $29,500
- Johnson C. Smith University - "A Digital Map of the Historic West End" - $25,000
- University of Nebraska, Omaha - "Mobile Digitization for Rural Community Archives" - $5,550
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte - "Leverage IoT Devices to Aid in Discovery and Use of Collections" - approximately $18,000 earmarked for testing through LYRASIS
- Washburn University - "From Information Literate to Information Fluent" - $26,548
Applications are now closed. Please check back in the Fall to submit your ideas!
Are you interested in becoming a reviewer for next year’s Catalyst Fund applications? If so, click here to volunteer your time.