The LYRASIS Catalyst Fund is a $100,000 award
program to fund new ideas and innovative projects by LYRASIS members. The
Catalyst Fund is a membership benefit administered by the LYRASIS Leaders
Circle. It was designed as a direct result of members’ interest in expanding
opportunities to share expertise and collaborate on innovations with potential
for community-wide impact.
The Catalyst Fund supports creative concepts that:
- Advance important objectives of the library, archives, and museum communities;
- Test-and-try new approaches to common problems; and
- Serve the broad interests of LYRASIS' membership.
In 2018, the LYRASIS Leaders Circle is especially interested in projects that provide open solutions, make use of technology to advance our members' missions, and/or engage underserved communities.
Two types of submissions will be accepted from any member of LYRASIS in good standing:
Proposals for funding to pilot your own project. If selected by the Leaders Circle, funds will be sent to your organization to implement the project
Ideas to recommend a concept that you believe will benefit the field and that you would like LYRASIS to address. If selected by the Leaders Circle, LYRASIS staff will design the implementation plan and distribute resources as appropriate to pilot the idea.
To submit a Proposal or Idea:
- Read the appropriate instructions
- Use the appropriate MS Word template to write your Proposal or Idea.
- Convert your final MS Word document into a PDF.
- Complete the appropriate online application form, upload your PDF Proposal or Idea, and select the "Submit" button.
All submissions will be reviewed by field experts. Ideas also will be posted for public comment in early March 2018. Top-ranked submissions will be presented to Leaders Circle members, who will then vote to select which proposals and ideas to fund. Funding decisions will be announced by early June 2018.
Attend a free webinar to learn more about the Catalyst Fund, or see More Information for details on review criteria and answers to frequently asked questions.
· Catalyst Fund: The Application Process and Overview Webinar on 1/10/2018 at 1:30 pm ET
· Catalyst Fund: The Application Process and Overview Webinar on 2/2/2018 at 3:30 pm ET
Not submitting an application this year? Consider volunteering as a reviewer!
More questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.