Official Contacts at your Organization
Each member organization should designate official contacts to ensure efficient communication with the ORCID US Community and the ORCID organization. Contacts may be updated at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MainContact/Voting Representative – Required. There may only be one Main
Contact/Voting Representative from each organization at any given time. The
Main Contact indicated for each member organization shall be the main person who represents the organization in terms of ORCID activities:
- The Main Contact will receive monthly ORCID member newsletter and
should distribute it to other stakeholders at the organization
- As an ORCID member, your organization has the right to vote in ORCID's annual
board elections. The designated Main Contact will receive voting information from ORCID and will vote on behalf of the organization.
- TechnicalContact(s) – Required. There may be more than one Technical Contact(s),
responsible for managing the API (application programming interface) credential(s) for
your organization. The designated technical contact(s) will be made aware of
upcoming updates to the API and other technical information.
- BillingContact(s) – Optional. Billing contact(s) may be designated as necessary,
to receive invoice and billing communications.
- AdditionalContacts – Optional. In addition to the Main and Technical Contacts,
additional contacts may be designated to be included in general ORCID US
communications, including the ORCID US listserv and Members - Only
Discussion Forum. There is no limit to the number of additional contacts that
may be added