Be a Part of the Discussion - at the LYRASIS Member Summit Philadelphia
October 11-12, 2017
We're excited to hold our second annual Member Summit, an in-person event that will be held in Philadelphia on October 11-12. This summit will continue the discussions on innovation, content and technology stemming from our last two years of Leaders Forums, as well as focus on our 2017 Catalyst Fund projects, and looking ahead to next year's Catalyst Fund.
HOTEL ROOM: To reserve a room at the LYRASIS $219 rate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us your check in and check out time.
We are honored to announce Deanna Marcum as our 2017 Annual Member Summit Keynote Speaker on October 11 at the Westin Philadelphia.
Deanna Marcum is senior advisor to Ithaka S+R's program areas in Educational Transformation and Libraries & Scholarly Communication. She previously served as Ithaka S+R's managing director. Click here for more information.
Our summit will include:
- Presentations by this year's Catalyst Fund winners with project updates
- A junior shark tank session to work through your ideas for next year's Catalyst Fund cycle
- Workshop sessions that will offer you hands-on training and consulting for your back office challenges
- Panels and speakers focused on content, open source technologies and digital services
- In-person collaboration with your fellow members and leaders in the archives, libraries and museums community
Speakers and agenda to be announced soon.
Member Summit Meeting Objectives:
- Inspire innovation and encourage actionable ideas on the challenges and upcoming trends in the fields of knowledge management
- Support community and collaboration that facilitate productive and open discussion
- Create real world sustainable solutions through the work of the Leaders Circle strategy session and dialogue with members
- Share knowledge through practical experience with your colleagues in archives, libraries and museums
This year's draft summit agenda is below. Please note that times and specific sessions are subject to change.
Wednesday, October 11 - Leaders Circle Breakfast (Leaders Circle Members Only)*
Morning theme is IMPACT Strategy and Planning and How the Leaders Circle Plays a Key Role
8:30 AM ET - Breakfast (provided by LYRASIS)
9:00 AM ET - Kick Off and Opening remarks
9:30 AM ET - Leaders Circle Discussion
10:30 AM ET - Program Review – University of Michigan Library's Fulcrum Platform
11:00 AM ET - Program Review – Technology and Funding Roadmap
12:00 NOON ET - Lunch with Your Colleagues (provided by LYRASIS)
1:00 PM ET - Leaders Circle Program Review – Funding Innovation: LYRASIS Catalyst Fund
1:30 PM ET - Catalyst Fund Project Presentations
3:00 PM ET - Catalyst Fund Workshop and Discussion
3:30 PM ET - LYRASIS Guppy Tank / New Ideas Fastpitch
*If you are not yet a Leaders Circle member but are interested in learning how you can join us for the Leaders Circle meeting, contact us at email@example.com.
Thursday, October 12 - Member Summit (open to all members)
Theme is Innovation + IMPACT
8:00 AM ET - Breakfast (provided by LYRASIS)
8:30 AM ET - Opening Remarks by LYRASIS Board of Trustess Chair and LYRASIS CEO
9:00 AM ET - Keynote – Sustainable and Disruptive Innovation – Deanna Marcum
9:30 AM ET - Keynote Panel Discussion
10:00 AM ET - Innovation at Work: LYRASIS Services, Programs and Solutions Overview
11:00 AM ET - Real World Innovation Case Studies
12:00 NOON ET - Lunch (provided by LYRASIS)
1:00 PM ET - General Session: Introducing Breakouts
1:30 PM ET - Breakout Session 1
2:15 PM ET - Breakout Session 2
3:00 PM ET - General Session: Discussion of Breakouts