The Dictionary of American Regional English (DARE) represents the full panoply of American regional vocabulary from Adam’s housecat to Zydeco. DARE is used by a wide range of scholars and lovers of language and regional nuance. The digital version of this key print reference work transforms the dictionary into an interactive multimedia tool that benefits both scholarly inquiry and general intellectual curiosity.
- State-of-the-art search
- Browsing by region as well as alphabetically
- Audio of original DARE field recordings
- Maps illustrating regional distribution
- Saved searches and entries for easy reference
- Insights into the DARE survey
- Bibliography of over 12,000 sources cited in the dictionary
Available for one-time purchase with perpetual access for a low annual hosting fee, or by annual subscription.
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.