Bloomsbury Fashion Photography Archive is designed for students and researchers and includes images never before published online as well as hundreds of articles, audio, and video resources from expert commentators which provide context and analysis. Available on the award-winning Bloomsbury Fashion Central platform
, the Fashion Photography Archive offers exclusive and powerful access to a vast and fast-expanding library of rare and iconic images. Taken in the era between the late 1970s and 2000, over 90% of images are available online for the first time, and all are copyright-cleared for educational use.
Updated regularly with additional images and multimedia content, the Fashion Photography Archive is an exciting and essential resource for academics and students in fashion, photography, media and cultural studies, cultural history and related fields.
Content highlights include:
- Launch collection of 150,000 images, specially selected by Dr Valerie Steele to ensure breadth of coverage, is available now. 100,000 images will be added in Spring 2017, and further updates (including 50,000 images each) will be released twice a year until the full collection of 750,000 images is available in 2019
- Includes rare images featuring internationally renowned designers and brands including Alexander McQueen, Christian Dior, Vivienne Westwood, Yohji Yamamoto, Jean Paul Gaultier, Versace, Calvin Klein, Chanel, and many more
Other features include:
- Detailed metadata for each photograph has been painstakingly prepared to ensure accuracy, to enhance search and browse, and to ensure effective linking between text and images
- An expanding range of specially commissioned multi-media materials – including articles, biographies, videos and more – provide important context and expert analysis
- An interactive timeline highlighting key context
- Coming soon! Course plans, plus accessible, authoritative study materials to support visual learners and students embarking on archival research for the first time
- Indexed according to the same specialist taxonomy as Bloomsbury’s other digital fashion resources, the Fashion Photography Archive can be cross-searched alongside the Berg Fashion Library, the Fairchild Books Library, and Fairchild Books on the Bloomsbury Fashion Central platform.
Bloomsbury Fashion Photography is available via subscription/subscribe to own or one-time purchase. Through the subscription/subscribe to own option, it takes subscribers approximately 5 years to reach the ownership threshold. Subscribers to the Bloomsbury Berg Fashion Library get an additional discount for subscription or purchase of the Fashion Photography Archive.
This resource is available via annual subscription, or one-time purchase with annual access fee. LYRASIS members may subscribe or purchase at any time.
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.