Take a tour!
Music Industry Data (Music ID) is a proven way of gathering information about music trends and the impact of music across countries and cultures. It takes all the academic resources and data available and turns it into knowledge, in the simplest and quickest way possible.
Music Industry Data is a growing repository of historical and current data from Billboard, Official Chart Company, GfK Entertainment and many more reporting agencies around the world. This data is presented in Relative Pitch Graphs™ with sophisticated functionality. Based on sales data, Relative Pitch Graphs™ are a way of normalizing the data over time, and tell the story of the impact of music on society and cultures.
Countries included are:
- Americas: USA, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Chile
- Asia/Pacific: Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China, India, Australia, New Zealand)
- Europe: UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria
It is a truly international data set, of great relevance to your Reference Librarian, in addition to interdisciplinary studies between Music and Political Sciences, Business Studies, Entertainment Industry, Film & Media Studies, Cultural Studies, Humanities including Modern History, Statistics.
LYRASIS Members can now secure a subscription to this valuable, unique, and reasonably priced resource through a More-the-Merrier offer:
- Discounts of up to 25% off list are available, depending upon level of participation
- Request a quote using the form on this page
Group Term of July 1 to June 30, annually. LYRASIS Members may join at any time and terms will be prorated as needed. Minimum 6 month term.
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.