The University of Michigan Press Ebook Collection (UMP EBC) is a comprehensive collection of scholarly ebooks from the University of Michigan Press, which includes:
- Complete coverage of new and forthcoming UMP scholarly ebook titles with perpetual access rights hosted on an open source, community accountable infrastructure
- At least 80 new books annually
- Term access to over 1,000 backlist titles
- Download a spreadsheet of available titles
- UMP EBC Flyer
When a library invests in UMP EBC content it is also supporting the sustainability of open source, community accountable infrastructure.
The Platform - Fulcrum
The Fulcrum hosting platform was developed at the University of Michigan Press with initial funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Fulcrum is a community-based, open source publishing platform that helps publishers present the full richness of research outputs in a durable, discoverable, accessible and flexible form from their authors. As well as books, the UMP EBC contains long-form digital works featuring integrated multimedia, podcasts, and even 3D models.
As a leading community-developed, open source platform for digital scholarship, Fulcrum offers the best possible version of UMP titles, including features such as:
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license including desirable terms in accordance with the Charlotte Initiative principles
- Irrevocable perpetual access and archival preservation rights
- Fulcrum Preservation Statement
- Unlimited simultaneous users
- Freedom from any Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Interlibrary Loan Rights
- Free KBART and MARC records created by University of Michigan Libraries
- COUNTER-compliant statistics
- Enhanced discovery through partnerships with ProQuest, EBSCO and OCLC
2021 Frontlist Pricing
One-time purchase with perpetual rights plus term access to backfile.
||Bands 12, 13
||Bands 11, 10
||Bands 9, 8
||Bands 7, 6, 5
||Bands 4, 3, 2, 1
About the University of Michigan Press
University of Michigan Press (UMP), a library-based publisher, endeavors to advance the values of the library community and adhere to best practices when creating, presenting, and selling its peer-reviewed, faculty-selected titles. UMP aims to make its books available as broadly as possible with library-friendly terms, while fulfilling the requirements from the University of Michigan for it to be largely self-sustaining.
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.
Request a Quote