The University of Michigan Press Ebook Collection (UMP EBC) is a comprehensive collection of scholarly ebooks from the University of Michigan Press.
When a library invests in UMP EBC content it is also supporting the sustainability of open source, community accountable infrastructure.
The UMP Ebook Collection
- Complete coverage of new and forthcoming UMP scholarly ebook titles with perpetual access rights
- At least 80 new books annually
- Term access to over 1,000 backlist titles
- Download a spreadsheet of available titles.
The Fulcrum hosting platform was developed at the University of Michigan Press with initial funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. As well as books, the UMP EBC contains long-form digital works featuring integrated multimedia, podcasts, and even 3D models. As a leading community-developed, open source platform for digital scholarship, Fulcrum offers the best possible version of UMP titles, including features such as:
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license including desirable terms in accordance with the Charlotte Initiative principles
- Irrevocable perpetual access and archival preservation rights
- Fulcrum Preservation Statement
- Unlimited simultaneous users
- Freedom from any Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Interlibrary Loan Rights
- Free KBART and MARC records created by University of Michigan Libraries
- COUNTER-compliant statistics
- Enhanced discovery through partnerships with ProQuest, EBSCO and OCLC
About the University of Michigan Press
University of Michigan Press (UMP), a library-based publisher, endeavors to advance the values of the library community and adhere to best practices when creating, presenting, and selling its peer-reviewed, faculty-selected titles. UMP aims to make its books available as broadly as possible with library-friendly terms, while fulfilling the requirements from the University of Michigan for it to be largely self-sustaining.
Fulcrum is a community-based, open source publishing platform that helps publishers present the full richness of research outputs in a durable, discoverable, accessible and flexible form from their authors.
One-time purchase with perpetual rights plus term access to backfile.
||Bands 12, 13
||Bands 11, 10
||Bands 9, 8
||Bands 7, 6, 5
||Bands 4, 3, 2, 1
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.