Adam Matthew Digital publishes unique primary source collections from archives around the world.
These award winning collections span the social sciences and humanities and cover a multitude of topics ranging from medieval manuscripts and Victorian moving images to ephemera from the 1960s and confidential government documents.
Through collaboration with leading libraries and academics, Adam Matthew produces powerful research and dynamic teaching collections for universities, colleges and libraries to enhance any learning environment.
Lyrasis members can secure significant discounts off of list price to titles in the entire Adam Matthew suite of collections.
For the first time in 2023, libraries have a new annual access option for the complete core portfolio of Adam Matthew content through a subscription to AM Explorer:
- Unlimited access to a portfolio of content that supports interdisciplinary research across the humanities, social sciences, and more.
- Federated search platforms that allow single point discovery.
- Data sets and access to digital humanities metadata to expand research potential.
- An AM Explorer EBA credit that is equal to 50% of the subscription fee.
A selection of specific collections for one-time purchase are included below:
- American Consumer Culture, 1935 1965
- American History, 1493 1945
- American Indian Histories and Cultures
- The American West
- Apartheid South Africa, 1948 1980
- China, America and The Pacific
- China: Culture and Society
- China: Trade, Politics and Culture 1793-1980
- Confidential Print: Africa, 1834-1966
- Confidential Print: Latin America, 1833-1969
- Confidential Print: Middle East, 1839-1969
- Confidential Print: North America, 1824-1961
- Canada, the Caribbean, and the USA
- Defining Gender, 1450-1910
- Eighteenth Century Journals Portal
- Empire Online
- Everyday Life and Women in America, c1800-1920
- First World War: Personal Experiences
- First World War: Propaganda and Recruitment
- Foreign Office Files for China, 1919-1980
- Foreign Office Files for India, Pakistan and Afghanistan, 1947-1980
- Global Commodities: Trade, Exploration and Cultural Exchange
- The Grand Tour
- India, Raj and Empire
- Jewish Life in America, c1654-1954
- Literary Manuscripts: 17th and 18th Century Poetry
- Literary Manuscripts: Berg
- London Low Life: Street Culture, Social Reform & the Victorian Underworld
- Macmillan Cabinet Papers, 1957-1963
- Mass Observation Online: British Social History, 1937-1972
- Medieval Family Life: The Paston, Celys, Stonor, Plumpton and Armburgh Papers
- Medieval Travel Writing: Journeys to the Holy Land, India and China
- Meiji Japan: The Edward Sylvester Morse Collection, from the Phillips Library at The Peabody Essex Museum, Salem
- The Nixon Years, 1969-1974: Complete FCO 7 and FCO 82 files from The National Archives, Kew
- Perdita Manuscripts: Women Writers, 1500-1700
- Popular Culture in Britain and America, 1950-1975: Rock and Roll, Counterculture, Peace and Protest
- Romanticism: Life, Literature and Landscape
- Slavery, Abolition and Social Justice, 1490-2007
- Travel Writing, Spectacle and World History: Women’s Travel Diaries and Correspondence
- Victorian Popular Culture: A Portal
- Virginia Company Archives: The Ferrar Papers, 1590-1790
- Women in The National Archives
One-time purchases with an annual access fee. Lyrasis members may purchase at any time. A custom quote is required.
Lyrasis has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time. Accessibility documentation is available for this resource.