Embase is a biomedical and pharmacological database containing bibliographic records with citations, abstracts and indexing derived from biomedical articles in peer reviewed journals, and is especially strong in its coverage of drug and pharmaceutical research.
Embase contains over 22 million records spanning 1974-present, with over 1 million records added annually. Each record contains the full bibliographic citation, indexing terms, and codes; and 80% of all citations in Embase include author-written abstracts. The Embase journal collection is international with over 7,500 active peer-reviewed journals more than 90 countries.
Broad biomedical scope covering the following areas:
* Drug therapy and research, including pharmaceutics, pharmacology and toxicology
* Clinical and experimental (human) medicine
* Basic biological science relevant to human medicine
* Biotechnology and biomedical engineering, including medical devices
* Health policy and management, including pharmacoeconomics
* Public, occupational and environmental health, including pollution control
* Veterinary science, dentistry, and nursing
* Psychiatry and mental health, including substance dependence and abuse
* Forensic science
* Alternative and complementary medicine
LYRASIS members may subscribe at any time.