The Journal of City Climate Policy and Economics is a new Subscribe to Open peer-reviewed journal published by the University of Toronto Press. The journal publishes timely, evidence-based policy and economics research with a focus on human-centered solutions to today’s most pressing climate challenges to support cities globally.
Journal of City Climate Policy and Economics
The Journal of City Climate Policy and Economics (JCCPE) is a resource provided through the C40 Centre for City Climate Policy and Economy. C40 refers to C40 Cities, a network of mayors of nearly 100 world-leading cities collaborating to deliver the urgent action needed to help limit global heating to 1.5 degrees C and build healthy, equitable and resilient communities. The C40 Centre for City Climate Policy and Economy brings together researchers, city practitioners, and leading economists to provide mayors and policy makers with the evidence, analysis and policy guidance needed to implement progressive and equitable climate action.
This forward-looking collaboration between C40 Cities, the C40 Centre, and the University of Toronto Press provides a platform for Open Science by providing scholarly research that empowers urban practitioners and policymakers with language, analysis, policies, and concrete actions that will reinvent and reinvigorate the idea of effective, purposeful government-led action and drive action in the climate agenda.
Subscribe to Open
JCCPE is available through a Subscribe to Open (S20) model in an effort to achieve the goals of broad dissemination of content valued by scholars, researchers, mayors and city practitioners. S2O is a sustainable and equitable non-APC revenue model that offers a wide range of benefits to researchers, libraries, and the community at large. Institutional subscribers access the content through subscription, as with a regular subscription model. Once an annual subscription threshold is met, the volume year becomes available as Open Access (OA). This makes the content available to all without any cost to authors.
Benefits for Subscribing to JCCPE:
Benefits for Libraries
Benefits for JCCPE Authors
- Perpetual access to purchased volume, whether or not the OA threshold is met
- Exclusive access to advance access articles, which are published within weeks of acceptance and in advance of issue publication
- OA Publish Guarantee for lead authors from a subscribing institutions
Benefits for the Global Community
- Equity in opportunity to publish with no article processing charges (APCs)
- OA Publish Guarantee for lead authors from a subscribing institution
- Broad dissemination of scholarship both within and beyond the academic environment
- Extends access of high-quality content outside academia and across global communities
- Equitable and fair global scholarship
- Promotes more inclusive and diverse authorship
2023 Annual Subscription Pricing