Bloomsbury Popular Music brings together 120+ volumes of the 33 1/3 book series, the new series of 33 1/3 Global titles, 14 volumes of the Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World (EPMOW), together with a collection of Bloomsbury’s popular music research titles on a single cross-searchable digital platform. With its fast-expanding range of exclusive content, Bloomsbury Popular Music is an invaluable resource for students, academics and researchers in disciplines from music, ethnomusicology and the performing arts to media and communication, cultural studies, anthropology and sociology.
- Cross-searchable access to high-quality, full-text content covering all genres of popular music from almost every country in the world
- In-depth analysis of key artists and albums
- Search, browse and filter content by music genre, artist name, topic, and country
- Artist Pages containing curated links to relevant content for each artist
- World Map enabling users to navigate to books and articles covering a particular country or region
- Timeline of Popular Music showing dates of all the albums covered in the 33 1/3 series, plus an overview of contextual events in musical and political history, with links to relevant encyclopedia articles
Bloomsbury Popular Music is available to institutions by annual subscription. New and updated content will be added twice a year.
This resource is available via annual subscription. LYRASIS members may subscribe or purchase at any time.
LYRASIS has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.