The Harvard University Press Digital Loeb Classical Library presents an interconnected, fully searchable, perpetually growing, virtual library of all that is important in Greek and Latin literature. Epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, and oratory; the great medical writers and mathematicians; those Church Fathers who made particular use of pagan culture—in short, our entire Greek and Latin Classical heritage is represented here with up-to-date texts and accurate English translations. Hundreds of volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a modern and elegant interface, allowing readers to browse, search, bookmark, annotate, and share content with ease.
Available via annual subscription or perpetual access (with annual access fee and also includes one print copy of annual additions), and unlimited users. Key features include:
- Read every Loeb volume in print, including biannual additions
- Toggle between single- and dual-language reading modes
- Browse works and volumes of the library by author, language, period, form, genre, and subject
- Share notes and reading lists with classmates, students, and colleagues
- 60 day trial is available
- MARC Records are free and include OCLC number
- Title list is KBART-compliant
- Usage statistics are COUNTER Compliant
Lyrasis has negotiated a pricing structure that is based on the number of total participants; the more participants, the better the Lyrasis Member discount. A discount of up to 25% off list price is possible. The group term is May 1 - April 30 with a 7-month minimum and new subscribers can pro-rate accordingly.
This offer is open to our consortial licensing partners. Non-members should contact their respective consortia(s) for pricing and access information.
Lyrasis has negotiated a central license with the best possible terms. Participating institutions placing new orders will be asked to agree to abide by the terms at that time.