The LYRASIS Catalyst Fund is a $100,000 award program to fund new ideas and innovative projects by LYRASIS members. The Catalyst Fund is a membership benefit administered by the LYRASIS Leaders Circle. It was designed as a direct result of members' interest in expanding opportunities to share expertise and collaborate on innovations with potential for community-wide impact.
Applications are now closed. Please check back in December 2017 to learn about plans for the 2018 Catalyst Fund program. The new application period will open on January 8, 2018.
Are you interested in becoming a reviewer for the 2018 Catalyst Fund applications? If so, click here to volunteer your time.
In May 2017, we announced our current winners with awards totaling $135,000. These projects will be in process through spring 2018, when results from each will be shared with the membership. Congratulations to all the winners!
- Columbia University - "Feasibility Study for a Copyright Education Center" - $30,000
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) - "Advancing 3D Digitization and Metadata Conventions" - $29,500
- Johnson C. Smith University - "A Digital Map of the Historic West End" - $25,000
- University of Nebraska, Omaha - "Mobile Digitization for Rural Community Archives" - $5,550
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte - "Leverage IoT Devices to Aid in Discovery and Use of Collections" - $18,000
- Washburn University - "From Information Literate to Information Fluent" - $26,548