Participating organizations will benefit from:
- The ability to create DOIs either via
DataCite’s Fabrica site, or through local system integrations with the
- Membership cost sharing - the LYRASIS DataCite US Community annual membership fee is $1,625 per calendar year for each participating organization, plus a “DOI fee” based on the number of DOIs created by each organization per year (below). Dollar amounts are based on the current exchange rate and are subject to change in future years.
- 1-1,999 DOIs created = $1.00 per DOI
- 2,000-10,000 DOIs created = $2,600 flat rate
- Any organizations creating more than 10,000 DOIs per year would need to operate as a direct member with DataCite.
- Dedicated support for all administrative and technical DOI needs
- Inclusion in activities and resources for a committed community of practice around DOIs in the US
- A global data-sharing community and the opportunity to collaborate with a leading-edge network of research data experts
LYRASIS provides community engagement and outreach, best practices guidance, technical support, licensing, and administration, including invoicing to all organizations participating in the LYRASIS DataCite US Community.
Membership in the new LYRASIS DataCite US Community is open to all non-profit organizations in the US that are new to DataCite, with the understanding that over time participating organizations may choose to join DataCite as direct members and further support the sustainability of DataCite DOIs. The intent of the LYRASIS DataCite US Community is to provide an on-ramp for new organizations interested in utilizing DOIs. Our goal is to collectively improve the sustainability of DataCite as a shared responsibility for all members.